SAKO S20 PRECISION – .300 WIN. MAGNUM, 24″
The new Sako S20 is the first true hybrid rifle, the one that both hunters and precision shooters can embrace. It’s designed for passionate shooters who want to take and stay in control in every situation. The modular structure adopts to changing lifestyles, making S20 a truly future-proof bolt action rifle. The Sako S20 was designed to follow you on your journey. Wherever the path leads you, your rifle is always up to the task, just like you.
A thumbhole-style stock design allows the shooter to grab their rifle in a more ergonomic and comfortable way – much like a pistol grip. This ensures a more comfortable shooting position and a solid hold of the rifle, leading to better rifle control and stability.
- Cold Hammer Forged Berrels – All Sako rifles, including the Sako S20, feature match-grade cold hammer forged barrels. There are many advantages to cold hammer forged (CHF) barrels: they’re durable, accurate and have excellent tolerances. The cold hammer forging technique changes the structure of the steel, increasing its toughness and making the barrel life of your rifle longer. CHF barrels do not have to be broken in, but instead have superb out-of-the-box accuracy.
- Stock Configurations – What truly makes a hybrid rifle is its highly configurable stock. The takedown stock of the Sako S20 allows for great modularity, so that your rifle can be configured according to your preferences with different rearstocks and forends. This way, your S20 always adapts to whatever direction you want to take with your hobby.
- Accessories – Highly modifiable, the Sako S20 is as versatile as you are. A wide range of attachable accessories ensures that your S20 can go wherever you go, whether it’s the shooting range or the wilder terrains.
- Cartridge + Magazine – The durable and reliable double-stacked Cartridge+ magazine of the Sako S20, with its longer maximum cartridge length, was built to support reloaders, safeguard the bullet and to ensure optimal feeding. The magazine is designed in a way that supports the cartridges by the shoulder, leaving some space in front of the cartridge tip in the case. This prevents bullet damage from recoil which can have a serious effect on the ballistics. With the S20, the shots stay precise, wherever your journey takes you.
- Full Aluminum Rifle Chassis – Sako S20 has an aluminium heart. Its chassis provides a sturdy, high-quality frame for the rifle. This frame brings all the parts together and allows for great modularity. It also carries all the recoil forces through its stock. All S20 accessories are attached to this frame to guarantee strong, secure and easy install.
- Adjustable Rifle Stock – The Sako S20 stock is highly adjustable and intended to always fit like a glove – whether it’s your lifestyle, preferred shooting position, posture or hand size. A comfortable hold on your rifle is the foundation for consistent accuracy.
- Multi-Adjustable Trigger – Overall, the adjustable ergonomics are a big part of the Sako S20 design. This applies to the trigger, too, as having a natural grip on the rifle is not just comfortable but also improves accuracy. If your S20 doesn’t feel just right from the get-go, just finetune the trigger position to your liking.
- Receiver With Integrated Picatinny Rail – When the Picatinny rail is machined directly to the steel surface of the receiver (and not glued), the rifle structure is guaranteed to be rigid and strong. This is the best way to attach optical sights that stay on regardless of weather conditions. The receiver itself is secured to the frame by a sturdy three-point attachment system – much like in our TRG models.
- Stainless Steel Bolt – The bolt is manufactured from high-grade, weather-resistant stainless steel, the barrel shroud has a steel core, and the bolt handle is interchangeable. The locking lug surface area is high, increasing safety and performance, and its design enables smooth, fast, safe and precise operation of the bolt and the rifle.
- Model: S20 Precision
- Manufacturer: SAKO Ltd., FINLAND
- Action Size: Right Hand, Long Action (Magnum)
- Operation: Bolt Action
- Bolt: Stainless Steel, Three-Lug
- Caliber: .300 Winchester Magnum
- Rate of Twist: 10″
- Overall Weight: 7 lbs
- Overall Length: 45-1/2″
- Barrel Length: 24″
- Length of Pull: Adjustable with spacers
- Barrel: Free Floating, Fluted, Cold Hammer Forged
- Magazine: Detachable Magazine
- Sights: Open
- Stock: Aluminum Frame, Adjustable
- Trigger Mechanism: Adjustable Trigger
- Safety: Manual Thumb
- SKU: SLS3334A42A9S3
- 1x Magazine